Promoting excellence in IONM through the sharing of knowledge and best practice
10 excellent reasons to consider becoming a member of BSIN
1. The British Society of Intraoperative Neurophysiology not only provides practical help and support through the sharing of knowledge and best practice, it also provides a strong collective voice that promotes excellence in our highly specialist discipline. Get connected in a meaningful way with like-minded professionals and contribute to establishing standards, educational content and professional recognition in this exciting and dynamic field.
2. Whether you work in the NHS or privately, our society is inclusive and we represent all members involved in our specialist area. Although we are based in the UK, we have many international members and warmly welcome input from those working in other countries. Membership of our society allows you to form rich and lasting ties with expert peers in intraoperative neurophysiology who can be a source of information, ideas and inspiration.
3. Full membership of our society is only £30 per year. Discount rates are available for students and retired members. It's easy to sign up and payments can be processed online or offline. We are a non profit organisation and the money raised by membership fees will only ever be used to further the aims of the group.
4. As a member, you will be entitled to a lower price bracket registration fee for our annual scientific meeting and any local educational forums.
5. Receive a bi-annual e-newsletter with our latest updates, articles, surveys, educational links, job adverts, etc.
6. Ask questions, get advice and participate in our members-only chat room. Varied content might include monitoring techniques, equipment, surgeries, case studies or training and career advice.
7. You will have exclusive access to our learning hub (in development), where you will find links to high quality educational resources such as webinars, presentations and links to training courses. For those that incur a fee, we will do our best to secure a reduced rate for our members. We're also developing a clinical exchange programme where you can spend time in participating educational centers, learning from expert colleagues.
8. You will have access to the latest job opportunities in our field and have the ability to advertise one role per year. You can also advertise yourself to potential employers and advance your career.
9. As a corporate member, your organisation is demonstrating a commitment to the profession and excellence within it. You will benefit from reduced group membership fees, website advertising and early bird opportunities for exhibiting at our scientific meetings.
10. As a society member, you will have the opportunity to apply for open roles on the BSIN executive committee, gaining invaluable experience by contributing to the efficient operation of the society and helping us to meet our aims. We are a warm and welcoming group and enjoy a lot of laughs along the way!